Dental implants are artificial tooth roots that a specialist embeds into the jawbone. They consist of a titanium screw or plate that is embedded into the bone, which will gradually grow around the artificial root and hold it securely just as it does a natural root. The top of the root has an abutment on which a crown or artificial tooth is fixed. If you need implants in Winter Haven or Champions Gate, Implant and Comprehensive Dentistry is the place to go.
Along with filling gaps in your teeth, implants can also be used to anchor bridges and dentures. There are many advantages to dental implants, but the top advantage is that it preserves the integrity of your jawbone. Ordinary bridges and dentures do not exercise the bone when you chew as implants do. Just like any bone in your body, exercise helps keep it strong. Other advantages are:
• Dental implants look, feel and function just like natural teeth. They improve your appearance and are cared for the same way you care for natural teeth.
• There is no clicking when you eat or speak as can happen with dentures. You never take out implants.
• Dental implants are comfortable. There is no irritating rubbing on your gums.
• You can chew and bite like you do with your own teeth. There are no foods you may want to avoid because they are difficult to eat such as corn on the cob or raw veggies in salads.
• Dental implants stand alone. Unlike bridges that require drilling on the side teeth, dental implants are secured by your jawbone and can exist by themselves.
• Your implants will last for years, maybe even the rest of your life. They need regular check-ups just like natural teeth, but they will not decay.
• Dental implants can replace one tooth, several teeth or all of your teeth.
Most people with good overall health and healthy gums and bones are good candidates for dental implants in Winter Haven or Champions Gate. People in the area can have a consultation with our specialist at Implant and Comprehensive Dentistry and learn more about their benefits and if dental implants are the solution to their missing teeth. We will determine the best plan for your specific condition and choose the right type of implant. Contact us today to schedule an initial consultation for implants in Winter Haven or Champions Gate.